KfW Capital: Supervisory Board elects chairpersons
Press Release from 2018-11-30 / Group
- Dr Ingrid Hengster is Chair of the KfW Capital Supervisory Board
- Dr Stefan Peiß is Deputy Chair
Dr Ingrid Hengster, member of the KfW Executive Board, was unanimously elected to be the Chair of the Supervisory Board for KfW Capital GmbH & Co. KG.
Dr Stefan Peiß, also a member of the KfW Executive Board, was elected as Deputy Chair. The election took place yesterday, as planned, at the first meeting following the appointment of the voluntary Supervisory Board of KfW's 100% subsidiary in Berlin.
In addition to Dr Hengster and Dr Peiß, the six members of the Supervisory Board of KfW Capital are:
- Dr. Sabine Hepperle, Head of the SME Policy department at the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (responsible for all matters relating to the SME policy of the Federal Government, including for example, business start-ups and SME financing, including the financing of innovations and venture capital financing).
- Dr Levin Holle, Head of the Financial Markets Policy department at the Federal Ministry of Finance (his responsibilities include KfW Group, European and international financial market policy and regulation, including investments).
- Dr Fritz Becker, entrepreneur/investor and member of the Augsburger Aktienbank AG Supervisory Board and the DEKA Investment GmbH Supervisory Board. In the past, Dr Becker was, among other positions, CEO of Harald Quandt Holding GmbH and HQ Trust GmbH, as well as a member of the Executive Board of the insurance companies AMB Generali AG and Baloise AG.
- Dr Judith Kölzer-Söding, founder and CEO of the holding company SOVAGE GmbH, which focuses on special situations and growth. In the past, Dr Kölzer-Söding held various posts at Dr. Förster AG, CVC Capital and Goldman Sachs International.
The Supervisory Board of KfW Capital will generally meet four times a year. Its duties include monitoring KfW Capital's business activities, approving larger investments (from EUR 12.5 million), and providing advice for strategic issues.
With the support of Germany's ERP Special Fund, KfW Capital is investing in venture capital funds in an effort to improve their capital base. Increasing the size of funds provides young, innovative tech companies in Germany with better access to capital for their growth phase. KfW Capital initiated its business activities on 15 October 2018 and is managed by two managing directors, Dr Jörg Goschin and Alexander Thees. KfW Capital is due to increase its current investment volume to an average of EUR 200 million p.a. by 2020 and is planning to invest around EUR 2 billion in VC funds over the next ten years. Since KfW Capital will not be contributing more than 19.99% of the fund volume in question, it will help to leverage significantly more private capital.
You can also access a KfW Capital dossier at . This dossier contains interviews with Minister Peter Altmaier from the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, Dr Ingrid Hengster (responsible member of the KfW Group Executive Board), an interview with the two managing directors Dr Jörg Goschin and Alexander Thees, and a number of best practice cases.